Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

{there's no place like HOME}

My step-dad was so nice to give us some land to build a home on. However, the more soil tests we started having, the more we realized we might not be able to build the size of home we wanted. We started looking at homes to buy, but still keeping the building option open just incase. Were we ever going to find a place to call home? Should we still try to build or see what is out there? It was a very stressful time and MANY prayers went up asking for guidance.

My best friend Megan showed us a victorian-style home in the historic part of Harriman and we fell in love. From the moment I saw it I envisioned us living there. One of my biggest requests was to find a home with a big enough yard for Pat and Pearl. This home came with two plots of land beside it. I just felt like it was meant to be. We don't like carpet because of our horrible allergies, this home has not one room with carpet, but the original hardwood floors all thru out. Everything seemed to be falling into place; we made an offer, got a counter offer from the bank and we accepted. 3 LONG days went by waiting on their signatures saying that they approved. Finally, on Friday we got the signatures!!! :)

Now I know that things are not final until our closing date 45 days (and counting) from now, but I just feel like God wants us there. I feel like it was meant for us to have it. So please, anybody that reads this, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers during the next few months as we get everything finalized.

WE ARE SO EXCITED AND THANKFUL :)

1 comment:

Slide made by Casey, played at our wedding.